World Library  

QR link for Vitamin D Receptor Gene Polymorphisms in Multiple Sclerosis Patients in Northwest Greece., Vol. 10
Add to Book Shelf
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Book

Vitamin D Receptor Gene Polymorphisms in Multiple Sclerosis Patients in Northwest Greece., Vol. 10

By Sioka, Chrissa

Click here to view

Book Id: WPLBN0004438573
Format Type: PDF eBook :
File Size:
Reproduction Date: 2011-05-05

Title: Vitamin D Receptor Gene Polymorphisms in Multiple Sclerosis Patients in Northwest Greece., Vol. 10  
Author: Sioka, Chrissa
Volume: Vol. 10
Language: English
Subject: Balance of Payments Soviet Union Congresses, Church and State
Collections:
Historic
Publication Date:
2011-05-05
Publisher:

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Chrissa, S. (2011-05-05). Vitamin D Receptor Gene Polymorphisms in Multiple Sclerosis Patients in Northwest Greece., Vol. 10. Retrieved from http://community.worldlibrary.in/

Description
Description: This article is from Journal of Negative Results in Biomedicine, volume 10.

Abstract

Background: Polymorphisms of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene have been linked to both multiple sclerosis (MS) and osteoporosis. We examined the frequency of the Taq-I and Bsm-I polymorphisms of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene in 69 patients with MS and 81 age and sex-matched healthy individuals. Genotyping of Taq-I (rs731236) and Bsm-I (rs1544410) was performed using TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assay. All patients and controls had determination of body mass index (BMI), bone mineral density (BMD) and smoking history. Results: The mean age of patients was 39 ± 10.5 years compared to 38.7 ± 10.7 years of the controls (p = 0.86), the BMI was 24.8 ± 4.2 kg/m2 compared to 25.7 ± 4.8 kg/m2 of the controls (p = 0.23), the BMD in the lumbar spine 0.981 ± 0.15 compared to 1.025 ± 013 of the controls (p = 0.06) and the total hip BMD was 0.875 ± 0.14 compared to 0.969 ± 0.12 of the controls (p < 0.001). There were no differences of the Taq-I (TT, CT, CC) and Bsm-I genotypes (GG, GA, AA) and allelic frequencies between MS and control individuals. Multivariate analysis also failed to show any association of the Taq-I and Bsm-I polymorphisms and MS or sex, BMI, BMD and smoking history. Conclusions: This study suggests that the Taq-I and Bsm-I polymorphisms of the VDR gene are not associated with MS risk, BMI or BMD in the Greek population studied.

Click To View

Additional Books

• The moral and political crisis of Englan... (by )
  • Die Revolution Und Ihre Verkörperung Im ... (by )
  • Die Granzen Zwischen Staat und Kirche un... (by )
  • Harangve Av Roy Prononcee a Beziers Le 2... (by )
  • Die Besetzung Der Reichsabteien in Den J... (by )
  • Der Klerus Und Die Soziale Frage : Moral... (by )
  • L'Église & L'État En France Volume: 2 (by )
  • The retrospect, or, Reflections on the s... (by )
  • Kirche Und Staat Nach Ablauf Der Cölner ... (by )
  • La Iglesia Y El Estado Consideros En Sus... (by )
  • A Letter to the Lord Archbishop of Cante... (by )
  • The French Constitution; (by )
Scroll Left
Scroll Right

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.