World Library  

• Cover Image

When Serpents Die

By: Gerrie Ferris

Laura Kate O'Connell left her life of excitement as an overseas news correspondent to return to her Georgia hometown to raise her two young cousins. When Royce Lee, Laura Kate's attorney, supposedly commits suicide, too many pieces of evidence tell a different story. Her instincts as an investigative reporting are tingling, and she just can't leave it alone. She meets Jack Rhodes, Royce's business partner. Sparks fly, but can she really trust a man she knows nothing abou...

Read More
  • Cover Image

O Kaina Ke Kumu Koa

By: Eve Furchgott

i kekahi kakahiaka, ike ihola o ia he one ko lalo o kona mau aa, aole hoi o ka lepo paa o uka. Aia ka hoi o ia ma kahakai! O kona pioloke aela no ia me ka imi pu aku no i ka lepo e kupaa ai, aole nae i loaa. Aue! He ano e no keia wahi, he okoa ia, aole i like me na mea maamau o kona wahi noho i uka. Nune ihola o Kaina, “Pehea la au i hiki mai ai ma anei” Komo aela ka hopohopo i loko ona. “ Ma hea la hoi kuu ohana a me na hoaaloha” i ninau ai o ia. Huli akula o ia...

Read More
  • Cover Image

And Gulliver Returns Book IV : A Look at Our Human Values

By: Lemuel Gulliver XVI

Overpopulation is responsible for many of our planet's problems--global warming, the lack of fresh water, poverty, high gasoline and food prices, air and water pollutions, the scarcity of natural resources, the excess of wastes and their proper disposal, and even some wars. In the year 2020 Commander Lemuel Gulliver XVI returns from a twenty year odyssey around the solar system, searching for sites where the world's excess people can be re-located. He found none. On his ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Ades Web Magazine: Guangzhou

By: Manuel Balossi

Situated along the Pearl River, Guangzhou has a lot of up-to-date shiny glassy skyscrapers and some densely-populated districts, in which everything is to be found (technological items, dry fishes, clothes, all kinds of food, etc.). Every corner is a hidden treasure

Read More
  • Cover Image

Oiwi Vol. 1

By: Lokahi Antonio

We are living in exciting times: Hawaiian- language immersion schools from pre-school through high school have been established on all the main islands of Hawaii; more and more high schools—both public and private—are adding Hawaiian-language classes to their curriculum; enrollment is up in Hawaiian-language classes at the college and university level across the state. Despite the increased interest in and aware- ness of matter of mere whim, but are seriously considered ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Magic of Spain

By: Bell, Aubrey F. G. (Aubrey Fitz Gerald), 1882-1950

Statistics ; Statistics

Read More
  • Cover Image

Terrorist Cbrn : Materials and Effects

By: Central Intelegence Agent

Excerpt: Background; Al-Qa?ida and associated extremist groups have a wide variety of potential agents and delivery means to choose from for chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear (CBRN) attacks. Al-Qa?ida?s end goal is the use of CBRN to cause mass casualties; however, most attacks by the group?and especially by associated extremists?probably will be small scale, incorporating relatively crude delivery means and easily produced or obtained chemicals, toxins, or ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

2000 Financial Review

By: Adobe Systems
Read More
  • Cover Image

The Muslim's Belief

By: Shaikh Muhammad

Islamic Literature

Excerpt: In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful Preface of Shaykh Abd al Aziz Ibn Baz Praise belongs to Allah alone; peace and blessing on the last Prophet, his family and his Companions. I was introduced to the valuable and concise treatise on the Muslim's belief prepared by our brother, the great scholar Shaikh Muhammad As - Saleh al - Uthaimin. I listened to it all and found that it covers the creed of the Sunnites and the mainstream majority of the Muslim...

Read More
  • Cover Image

How to Perform the Rituals of Hajj and Umrah

By: Shaikh Muhammad as-Salih Al-Uthaimeen

Islamic Literature

Preface: Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Universe. May peace and blessings be upon Muhammad, the last of the prophets and messengers, and upon his family and esteemed companions. Hajj is one of the best forms of worship and is one of the most sublime deeds because it is one of the pillars of Islam that Allah sent Muhammad - may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him - with. A servant's religion is incomplete without it. A form of worship is only acceptable when the following is true.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Annual Report of the Auditor-General and of the Tabulations and De...

By: Pennsylvania Office of the Auditor General, Office of the Auditor General, Pennsylvania
Read More
  • Cover Image

A-1 Comics : Badmen of the West : Issue 100

By: Magazine Enterprises
Read More
  • Cover Image

Tiktoko de Oz

By: L. Frank Baum

LA vere rimarkindasukceso de mia felibro del a pasinta j a r o , “LaMikscifona Knabino deOz,” konvinkas min kemiaj legantoj “pleje” amasla Oz-rakontojn, lau laletero de unu knabinetoskribinta al mi. Do jen,karaj, nova Oz-rakonto enkiu konigas Kaj Ceter, laRegino de Ugabuo, kiunTiktoko helpis konkerinian jaman konaton, laRegon de la Knomoj. Giankau rakontas p r iBetinjo Bobin kaj kiel,post multaj aventuroj, sifine a t i n g i s l aeksterordinaran LandonOz.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Transactions of the Seventh International Congress of Hygiene and ...

By: International Congress of Hygiene and Demography 7th, Charles Edward Shelly
Read More
  • Cover Image

Children : Year 1954

By: United States. Office of Child Development; United States. Children's Bureau

Crimean War, 1853-1856

Read More
  • Cover Image

Recreation : Volume 32

By: National Recreation Association
Read More
  • Cover Image

O Zakladnich Principech Jogy

By: Vladimir Antonov, Ph.D.

Religious Literature - Methodology of Spiritual Development

Excerpt: Joga je nazev pro uceni o zpusobech, jimiz clovek dosahuje duchovni Dokonalosto. V prekladu ze sanskrtu toto slovo znamena sjednoceni, splynuti, v jeden celek.

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Effects of Strategic Bombing on Japan's War Economy : No. 53

By: United States Strategic Bombing Survey

Gutter is shown due to tight margins. Some text is in the gutter.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Aggregate Measurement of Trade Transaction Costs Reduction in Apec...

By: Its Global

This report presents the estimates of trade transaction costs in APEC for each year from 2006 to 2010. The estimates are to form part of the Final Assessment of TFAP II and are to be based on the methodology and approach that was developed for the Interim Assessment of that Plan.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Hawaiian Mythology

By: Martha Beckwith

Why after thirty years, should Beckwith’s Hawaiian Mythology be reprinted? Why, for the last twenty-five years, have scholars and amateurs alike sought for either new or used copies of this book which has become a rarity? To begin with, it was the first, and is still the only, scholarly work which charts a pathway through the hundreds of books and articles, many of them obscure and scarce, and through the little-known manuscripts that record the orally transmitted myths,...

This guide to the native mythology of Hawaii has grown out of a childhood and youth spent within sound of the hula drum at the foot of the domelike House of the Sun on the windy island of Maui. There, wandering along its rocky coast and sandy beaches, exploring its windward gorges, riding above the cliffs by moonlight when the surf was high or into the deep forests at midday, we were aware always of a life just out of reach of us latecomers but lived intensely by the kin...

Read More

|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.