World Library  

• Cover Image

Tiktoko de Oz

By: L. Frank Baum

LA vere rimarkindasukceso de mia felibro del a pasinta j a r o , “LaMikscifona Knabino deOz,” konvinkas min kemiaj legantoj “pleje” amasla Oz-rakontojn, lau laletero de unu knabinetoskribinta al mi. Do jen,karaj, nova Oz-rakonto enkiu konigas Kaj Ceter, laRegino de Ugabuo, kiunTiktoko helpis konkerinian jaman konaton, laRegon de la Knomoj. Giankau rakontas p r iBetinjo Bobin kaj kiel,post multaj aventuroj, sifine a t i n g i s l aeksterordinaran LandonOz.

Read More
  • Cover Image

When Serpents Die

By: Gerrie Ferris

Laura Kate O'Connell left her life of excitement as an overseas news correspondent to return to her Georgia hometown to raise her two young cousins. When Royce Lee, Laura Kate's attorney, supposedly commits suicide, too many pieces of evidence tell a different story. Her instincts as an investigative reporting are tingling, and she just can't leave it alone. She meets Jack Rhodes, Royce's business partner. Sparks fly, but can she really trust a man she knows nothing abou...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Sextus Empiricus and Greek Scepticism

By: Mary Mills Patrick

The following treatise on Sextus Empiricus and Greek Scepticism has been prepared to supply a need much felt in the English language by students of Greek philosophy. For while other schools of Greek philosophy have been exhaustively and critically discussed by English scholars, there are few sources of information available to the student who wishes to make himself familiar with the teachings of Pyrrhonism. The aim has been, accordingly, to give a concise presentation of...

“Interest has revived in the works of Sextus Empiricus in recent times, especially, one may say, since the date of Herbart. There is much in the writings of Sextus that finds a parallel in the methods of modern philosophy. There is a common starting-point in the study of the power and limitations of human thought. There is a common desire to investigate the phenomena of sense-perception, and the genetic relations of man to the lower animals, and a common interest in the ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

International Open Source Network

By: Wikibooks Contributors

Text Books

Read More
  • Cover Image

Momotaro, Or, Little Peachling

Ex libris Olive Percival

Read More
  • Cover Image

Integrity-Oriented Control

By: Terry Mayfield

Technical Reference Publication

Introduction: This document proposes new and revised versions of the control objectives contained in the Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria (TCSEC), DoD 5200.28-STD [TCSEC 1985, pp. 57-63]. These modifications extend the existing control objective statements to encompass the promotion and preservation of data and systems integrity. They are intended to be used as a straw man to foster further research and debate aimed at developing a new or revised set of produc...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Certain Difficulties Felt by Anglicans in Catholic Teaching Consid...

By: Newman, John Henry, 1801-1890
Read More
  • Cover Image

Cataloging for Small Libraries

By: Theresa Hitchler
Read More
  • Cover Image

A Dissertation Upon Rhetoric

By: Aristotle
Read More
  • Cover Image

Institutional Changes for Independent Evaluation at the World Bank

By: The World Bank

Economics

The Operations Evaluation Department (OED) is an independent unit within the World Bank; it reports directly to the Bank?s Board of Executive Directors. OED assesses what works, and what does not; how a borrower plans to run and maintain a project; and the lasting contribution of the Bank to a country?s overall development. The goals of evaluation are to learn from experience, to provide an objective basis for assessing the results of the Bank?s work, and to provide acco...

Read More
  • Cover Image

South-East Asia Series : Year 2004, South-East Asia Region ; Mater...

By: Monir Islam, Dr.

Medical Reference Publication

1. INAUGURATION The inauguration of the Regional Consultation on Improving Maternal and Newborn Health: the Role of Family Planning began with Dr Monir Islam, Director, Family and Community Health, reading the inaugural address of Dr Uton Muchtar Rafei, WHO Regional Director, South-East Asia Region. In his address the Regional Director noted that pregnancy related mortality and morbidity were highest among the world's poorest communities. The majority of the half a milli...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Kabbalah Revealed

By: Rav Michael Laitman

Kabbalah Revealed: The Ordinary Person’s Guide to a More Peaceful Life is a clearly-written, user-friendly guide to making sense of the surrounding world while achieving inner peace. Each of the six chapters in this book focuses on a different aspect of the ancient wisdom of Kabbalah, shedding new light on a teaching that has too often been shrouded in mystery and misconceptions. A subtle, yet profound idea weaves the book’s chapters into a coherent and concrete whole.Th...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Sea and Shore : Volume 11, Issue 1 ; Spring 2009: Vol. 11, Issue 1...

By: Derek Nelson, Editor

Description: Work, play, live... safely! A Navy Safety Center magazine.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Funny 3-D : Issue 1

By: Harvey Comics
Read More
  • Cover Image

Clue : Issue 12

By: Hillman Periodicals
Read More
  • Cover Image

Essays

By: Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

(Author to reader)--Reader, loe here a well-meaning Booke. It doth at the first entrance forewarne thee, that in contriving the same I have proposed unto my selfe no other than a familiar and private end: I have no respect or consideration at all, either to thy service, or to my glory: my forces are not capable of any such desseigne. I have vowed the same to the particular commodity of my kinsfolk and friends: to the end, that losing me (which they are likely to do ere...

They have a secret, unperceived and delicate beauty; he had neede of a cleere, farreseeing and true-discerning sight that should rightly discover this secret light. Is not ingenuity (according to us) cosin germaine unto sottishnesse, and a quality of reproach? Socrates maketh his soule to moove, with a naturall and common motion. Thus saith a plaine Country-man, and thus a seely Woman: Hee never hath other people in his mouth than Coach-makers, Joyners, Coblers, and Masons.

Read More
  • Cover Image

A’Ohe Inoa Komo ‘Ole O Ke ‘Ai

By: William H. Wilson

The internationally known ‘Aha Punana Leo, Inc. is a non-profit organization which was established in 1983 to revitalize the nearly extinct Hawaiian language and establish schools taught entirely through that language. The following year, the organization founded the first Punana Leo school which was also the first Native American language immersion school in the United States. After the Punana Leo families changed an 1896 law banning Hawaiian language schools, the Punan...

Kula Kaiapuni Hawai’i is usually a stream of classes within an English medium school. While children in the English medium classes often admire the ability to speak Hawaiian, they also sometimes tease Kula Kaiapuni Hawai’i students for being different. Although all children tease each other, being teased while in a minority position requires some positive support. This book was written in response to parents' requests for help in dealing with a true-life situation: the d...

Read More
  • Cover Image

La Historio de Doktoro Dolittle

By: Hugh Lofting
Read More
  • Cover Image

La Blua Felibro

By: Andrew Lang

LA RAKONTOJ en ci tiu volumo estas intencitaj por infanoj, al kiuj, ni esperas, placos la malnovaj rakontoj kiuj placis al tiom da generacioj. La rakontoj de Perrault estas el la malnova Angla versio 18- jarcenta. La rakontoj el la Cabinet des Fées kaj de Madame d’Aulnoy, estis tradukitaj [Anglen]—pli precize, adaptitaj—de F-ino Minnie Wright, kiu ankau, lau afabla permeso de M. Henri Carnoy, interpretis “La bronza ringo” el lia Traditions Populaires de l’Asie Mineure ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

La Aventuroj de Alico en Mirlando

By: Lewis Carroll
Read More

|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.